ASOS is a global fashion destination – we sell cutting-edge fashion and offer a wide variety of fashion-related content, making ASOS.com the hub of a thriving fashion community.
How ASOS was born
1999 – The idea of ASOS started when founders Quentin Griffiths and Nick Robertson (who’s still Non-Executive Director) had the idea of starting an internet business where people could find clothes or accessories they had seen celebs wearing and this is how we did it:
- Website registered August 1999 and www.asseenonscreen.com went live.
- March 2000, with a full launch in June 2000.
- By the end of that first trading year, the company won the Best Trendsetter Award by The Sunday Times! ‘ASOS’ was born.
- July 2002 – all marketing changed to reflect the ASOS brand.
- In 2003, we moved the ‘shop front’ of the online retail business to being branded as ASOS on the website www.asos.com.
What it’s like working for us:
Delivering a first class customer proposition and service in a high-growth, unique company requires everyone to be pulling in the same direction.
To help achieve our goals, we have core values that define who we are, what we do and how we do it:
- Customer Obsessed
- Restlessly Innovative
- Collaborative & Respectful
We call this ‘The ASOS Way’. Click here to find out more.